Evidence-based Practice Center
About Our Center
In 1997, the Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ) created a program to increase the use of evidence-based practice in standard medical care by funding 12 Evidence-based Practice Centers (EPCs) to conduct research reviews for the Effective Health Care (EHC) Program . The objective of the EPCs is to undertake systematic reviews of currently available evidence concerning various topics including clinical medicine, social and behavioral science, and economics. In December 2014, 5-year contracts were awarded to 13 EPCs including Vanderbilt.
To visit the Web sites of each EPC, simply click on the links below.
- Brown University, Center for Evidence-based Medicine, Providence, RI – Thomas Trikalinos, M.D., Ph.D.
- Duke University, Durham, NC – Gillian D. Sanders-Schmidler, Ph.D.
- ECRI – Penn Medicine Evidence-based Practice Center , Plymouth Meeting, PA - Karen Schoelles, M.D., S.M.
- Johns Hopkins University , Baltimore, MD - Eric B. Bass, M.D., M.P.H., and Karen A. Robinson, Ph.D.
- Kaiser Permanente Research Affiliates , Portland, OR - Evelyn Whitlock, M.D., M.P.H.
- Mayo Clinic Evidence-based Practice Center, Rochester, MN – M. Hassan Murad, M.D., M.P.H.
- Pacific Northwest Evidence-based Practice Center - Oregon Health & Science University , Portland, OR - Roger Chou, M.D.
- RTI International--University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill , Chapel Hill, NC - Meera Viswanathan, Ph.D.
- Southern California Evidence-based Practice Center--RAND , Santa Monica, CA - Paul Shekelle, M.D., Ph.D., and Susanne Hempel, Ph.D.
- University of Alberta, Edmonton , Alberta, Canada - Lisa Hartling, BScPT., M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Minnesota Evidence-based Practice Center , Minneapolis, MN - Robert L. Kane, M.D., and Timothy J. Wilt, M.D., M.P.H.
- University of Connecticut Evidence-based Practice Center , Storrs, CT – C. Michael White, Pharm.D., FCP, FCCP, and Craig I. Coleman, Pharm.D.
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center , Nashville, TN - Melissa McPheeters, Ph.D., M.P.H