Epidemiology Doctoral Training at Vanderbilt
We are training critical thinkers who are prepared to make fundamental advances using rigorous and cutting-edge approaches to research.
Are you looking for a doctoral program that:
- Matches you with successful researchers who involve you as a co-investigator
- Integrates training and research across clinical, laboratory, and quantitative disciplines
- Emphasizes use of actual data from your research team in your course work.
- Focuses on strong theoretical grounding and advanced quantitative methods
- Offers a beautiful campus in a major U.S. health care hub?
The Vanderbilt Ph.D. in Epidemiology could be the right program for you and your career.
The Ph.D. is a graduate program of The Institute for Medicine and Public Health at Vanderbilt, home to more than 127 researchers who are raising the bar for large-scale collaborative research. Our work ranges from DNA databank studies in our clinical populations to large population-based cohorts with data and biological samples from more than 250,000 participants. Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center faculty have more than 80 NIH awards totaling more than $82 million in current funding.